20080826

How I Found Out About The Affair:

One day, I decided to surprise my husband at his hotel. I talked friends of my children to allow them to sleep over and I picked up a bottle of wine and some take out and was on my way.

I hoped that my visit would cheer him up, allow him to relax and take his focus off of work. When I arrived, no one answered the door when I knocked. I didn’t see his car in the parking lot. I figured that he had gone out to get something to eat, so I used to key card he had given me (he had gotten two at check in) and opened the door. What I saw inside took my breath away.

There, right on his couch, sort of crouching so I couldn't see her from through the window, was a young, fake, bleached blonde woman sitting on the couch in a negligee.

I felt like someone had punched me right in the gut and had pulled the legs out from under me. I waited and starred, figuring she would blurt out all kinds of excuses or apologies, but she didn’t. Instead, she just shrugged and said, “You should talk to your husband,” got up, closed the bathroom door and never came out.

I didn’t go after her. I didn’t care who she was and I didn’t want to talk to her. I kept trying to come up with a reason that this woman was sitting in my husband’s hotel room with candles burning and music playing. There had to be some logical explanation? But, I couldn’t come up with any. I knew exactly what I had walked in on. I just cried, raged, and waited. Next up, confronting my very frantic husband.