20080827

Setting The Stage For What Was To Tear Us Down:

After about 15 years into our marriage, my husband was a very successful attorney and I was very proud of him.

The partners at his firm noticed his hard work and offered to let him head a new office in a neighboring county.

Of course, I encouraged and supported him full force. I was very proud of him and knew that this was a great opportunity. Now, it meant that he would be away from home more and would sometimes have to stay overnight in a hotel that the company provided. I didn’t like this, but I understood it. We were eventually have to move to the new county anyway and it was just way to far to commute to daily.

Initially, he was very happy with this new opportunity, but as the days turned to weeks and then months, things were not going as smoothly as he had hoped. He became distant, sullen, stressed, and tired.

I chalked this up to the fact that he was in a high pressure situation that would soon end. Our sex life remained fine and he was still his usual, loving self. I just wanted to get this move over with and move on. But, little did I know life wasn't going to happen quite that way. If I haven't bored you to tears yet, you can read about how I found out about the affair by clicking here or scrolling fown.